V-Ray for Maya is now available, offering new hair and fur capabilities, V-Ray RT GPU enhancements, and tighter Maya integration. The update is free for V-Ray for Maya customers.
New Hair and Fur Capabilities
– A new VRayHairMtl shader to render hair and fur with unprecedented control, quality, and speed.
– Extra attributes to apply to Maya’s native hair.
V-Ray RT GPU Enhancements
– The V-Ray RT GPU now supports texture-mapped rectangle and mesh lights, simple light portals, and the VRayBlendMtl.
– Optimized memory usage and multithreaded performance for dynamic geometry.
– Optimized Irradiance Map and Light Cache to reduce flickering when using the time-dependent option of a DMC sampler.
– New Flakes material.
– Improved support for standard Maya shading nodes.
Installation and Deployment Improvements
– Now Mac OS users can benefit from the user-friendly GUI installer for both VLRService and V-Ray for Maya.
– Windows and Linux OS users can easily use the two installation options: executable installation or an archive file for easier deployment in a cluster of machines.
Use the tips in the Read Me.txt file to install the software.
Direct links download:
View file password here