Softros LAN Messenger is an easy-to-use LAN messaging application for safe, secure and efficient intra-office communication. It doesnt require a server to run and it is very easy to install. Softros LAN IM comes with a variety of handy features such as PC-to-PC messaging, group LAN chat rooms, broadcast messaging to quickly notify selected individuals or groups about an event, and also drag-and-drop file transfers to exchange files and folders between staff members. All messages and files exchanged by users are securely encrypted and never go outside your local company network, which ensures that no unauthorized person will ever read your private correspondence or access your sensitive data.
Security, Safety and Privacy
The Softros LAN chat software encrypts all data with AES-256 and works strictly within your company network. This allows your employees to safely exchange messages and files while discouraging them from chatting with people outside the organization. It also saves your internet bandwidth and minimizes the number of open firewall ports that could result in external hacker attacks and IM worms.
Ease of installation and use
The instant messenger from Softros has a very intuitive interface and requires no additional training. All you need to do is install and run it on each network computer. Users can easily configure the program without asking for help from IT staff.
You do not need to set up and maintain a dedicated messaging server – our IM tool is a stand-alone peer-to-peer application.
Individual and Group Conversations
Exchange messages with just one or multiple users at the same time.
Notify individual users or entire user groups about an event by sending out a broadcast message.
Send messages to users even when they are offline. Offline messages are received when users come back online. No server or dedicated storage is required for this.
Easily exchange documents with your colleagues. Just drag and drop a file or folder to the recipient’s icon in the user list or the conversation you have with them.
Arrange your co-workers in groups by department or job title.
Keep track of your messages by saving them locally or to a network share. View, search through and print your correspondence with other employees using the built-in History Viewer.
Terminal Services Support
Full support for Microsoft and Citrix Terminal Services environments (including the RemoteApp and XenApp application virtualization technologies).
Active Directory and Domain Support
Softros Intranet Messenger seamlessly works in a properly configured domain controller environment with Active Directory. Users’ full names retrieved from Active Directory are displayed in the user list, while their SIDs are used for identification purposes within the program.
LAN, WAN, VPN and VLAN Support
Enhanced functionality of the Sofros local chat application allows you to link your company locations or subnets to a single messaging environment. Just connect your subnets physically, virtually or with a VPN and then configure the program by referring to our detailed help system.
Network Wide Group Policy Deployment
In a domain controller environment, deploying the Softros messaging software, its license and settings across the network can be easily accomplished through Group Policy.
Importing, Exporting and Pre-configuring User Settings
In case your company does not have a domain controller with Active Directory, Softros LAN Messenger allows you to automate the distribution of its settings (network settings, user groups, license files, administrative restrictions) using certain built-in features.
Restricting User Access
Administrators can selectively restrict access to most features of the Softros communication software.
1. Install the software.
2) Copy and replace the contents of the [email protected] file folder at the software installation location and replace the previous file (s).
3. Run the software.
* Software installation location: The installation location folder is usually located in the Windows drive and within the Program Files folder. You can also find the installation location in this way:
– In Windows XP: After installation, right-click on the shortcut in the Start menu and click Properties, and then click Find Target.
– In Windows 7: After installation, right-click on the shortcut in the Start menu and click on the Open file location option.
– In Windows 8: After installation, right-click on the Shortcut on the Start Screen and click on the Open file location option, in the window that opens, right-click on the shortcut of the software and click Open file location click.
– On Windows 10: After installation, right-click Shortcut on the Start menu and click on the Open file location option, in the window that opens, right-click on the Shortcut software and click on the Open file location button. do.
Direct links download:
View file password here