The main objective of the program is to detail and texturing the object already shaped in another 3D packet. You work on a detailing level equal to 3 to 5 million of polygons. The operating speed of editing and viewing objects has grown bigger because of the use of a map of normals instead of geometrical splitting.
It is well-known that it is easy to shape the object … it takes several hours. But detailing and texturing is a long process taking 3 to 10 times more time then modeling a draft itself. 3D Coat is made to make this part of the technological process faster.
3D Coat includes features for sculptural modeling making the change of shape possible.
Here are some key features of 3D Coat (formerly 3D-Brush):
– Voxel sculpting allows you to sculpt without any topological constraints and make complex details from nothing!
– 3D Coat offers a wide range of retopology tools. It combines many approaches to retopologisation to make it quick and effective.
Layers contain depth, color and specular:
– Layers contain depth, color and specular. You can disable or enable any of these channels, put effects on them – extrusion, transparency, contrast, multiplication of depth, extra specular.
2D and 3D painting:
– Paint over UV as easy as paint over 3D-modes. Almost all tools work in uv-plane and in 3D.
– Paint seamlessly over uv-plane. It’s easy to use 3D-Coat to create seamless textures and paint bump. Just go to File-> Import to image plane
– Each pen has many channels – color / depth / specular and eraser.
Fill with gradient:
– Fill areas with gradient fading.
– Fill areas with a spherical gradient.
– Image correction filters with realtime preview in 3D
– Mask one layer with another one.
– Painting patters, putting images along splines
– You can define a hotkey for any action in a simple way
– Possibility to draw closed curves and curves with sharp edge-points.
– Possibility to draw a wide variety of arrows.
– Realtime preview of complex materials.
– Possibility to export separate layers as morphs.
– You can sculpt from the sphere as it is shown here.
– You can fix several points on the surface and drag another point like you can see it in the video.
Change of proportions:
– With gradient allocation it is easy to change proportions of parts of a body, in this case you see the change of size of a head.
Filling areas with fractals and materials:
It is possible to fill areas with fractals or with the use of material, which consists of layers of depth, color and specular. An area can be selected in several ways:
– the closed area of the set color
– the closed area inside the “frozen” contour
– a rectangular
– an ellipse
– a line from one point to another
– on a spline connecting some points
Filling with fractals and volumetric textures:
– There are many types of fractals which, as a matter of fact, are volumetric textures. Filling with fractals well for giving the initial form and color of a surface before manual processing.
Drawing of the text on the image:
– You can put the text on a surface of an object. Text is put along a spline The, you can even write the text around of all object
Drawing with a contour:
– You can draw not only with a pen, but also with a contour, a rectangular or an ellipse. It is possible to apply a set of effects on a pen – fractals or materials. It is possible to draw through all object, and is a visible part only.
Filling a color with a gradient:
– It is possible to fill the closed areas with imposing a gradient of colors.
Stacking of longitudinal forms:
– It is possible to put a certain longitudinal shape at drawing with a pen or at imposing a spline. In figure you see a chain that has been imposed by two strokes of a pen. Longitudinal forms and pens can be created both from pictures, and from 3D-objects.
Transformation of a
part of a surface: You can allocate any part of a surface and transform it free, like in Photoshop by pressing CTRL + T. The part can be non-rectangular, but also round or complex. Thus it is possible to set the width of the border of allocation – soft transformation. On figure transformation of a part of the text that is allocated with lasso is shown.
Cloning the image in 3D:
– Parts of a surface can be cloned like in Photoshop but in 3D.
[B] Mirror cloning:
– It is possible to clone sites not only with parallel transformation, but also with mirror symmetry.
– It is possible to clone with inversion relative to a point. Also it is possible to clone with turn. For example, having drawn a detail on a round board, it is possible to multiply it on the board.
– If you have textured only one side of the model, you can simply transfer details from one side of models to another, drawing with pen (symmetric cloning).
Use of multilayered pens:
– Each pen contains color, a transparency, depth, specular, and a mask of deletion. The mask of deletion allows it to be erased before drawing of the color contents of a layer in that place where we draw a pen. The pen can be edited in the external editor, which can edit PSD files. In the figure you see the editing a pen from the 3D brush in Adobe Photoshop.
Editing a projection with layers:
– You can edit a current projection in the external editor in view of layers. If the layer is added in the editor it will be automatically transferred to 3D-Brush. In the figure you see editing of projection in Adobe Photoshop.
Editing a texture with layers:
– It is possible to edit the texture of your model in the external editor in view of layers. In the external editor it is possible to create new layers which will be automatically transferred to 3D-Brush.
Creation of pens from 3D – objects:
– It is possible to create pens not only from pictures but also from 3D objects.
Texture mapping of object:
– You can use a texture or a photo to impose it on the object. Thus it is possible to impose not only color, but also relief and specular, having selected them additional textures.
Calculating global illumination:
– Global illumination (occlusion) can be calculated and baked to texture.
1. Install the software.
2. Do not run the software, and close it when it is placed next to the clock.
3. Copy the contents of the Patch folder to the software installation location and execute Patch.exe file and perform the Patch operation. (Note that if you use Windows 7, 8, or 10, you need to right-click on the Patch.exe file and select Run as administrator, so that the patch works properly)
4. Software Run.
* Software installation location: The installation location folder is usually located in the Windows drive and within the Program Files folder. You can also find the installation location in this way:
– In Windows XP: After installation, right-click on the shortcut in the Start menu and click Properties, and then click Find Target.
– In Windows 7: After installation, right-click on the shortcut in the Start menu and click on the Open file location option.
– In Windows 8: After installation, right-click on the Shortcut on the Start Screen and click on the Open file location option, in the window that opens, right-click on the shortcut of the software and click Open file location click.
– On Windows 10: After installation, right-click Shortcut on the Start menu and click on the Open file location option, in the window that opens, right-click on the Shortcut software and click on the Open file location button. do.
Direct links download:
View file password here