Since the 1980’s, IAR Systems and Renesas have had a strong partnership. Thanks to longstanding cooperation, we are the only tool vendor able to deliver high-performance development tools for the entire lineup of Renesas microcontrollers.
With more than 4,000 supported Renesas devices, IAR Embedded Workbench delivers exceptional design flexibility for embedded developers working with the extensive Renesas product portfolio. The tools provide outstanding performance and let our customers migrate easily between different architectures and choose the one best suited for a particular application while using the same development tools. It also simplifies the reuse of the code.
We are a Renesas Platinum Partner and we are committed to supplying high-class tools for all Renesas MCUs.
IAR Embedded Workbench for Renesas RX:
– Support for the C11 language standard
The compiler and libraries add support for the latest C language standard ISO / IEC 9899: 2011.
Note: the new C library binary object interface is incompatible with earlier versions of the product.
– Support for the C ++ 14 language standard
The compiler and libraries now support the latest C ++ standard for ISO / IEC 14882: 2014.
Note: the new C ++ library binary object interface is incompatible with earlier versions of the product.
– Unicode support
The Unicode standard for consistent encoding, representation, and handling of text is now supported. This means that you can use Unicode characters (alphabetic, numeric, symbols, emoji, etc.) in the source code.
– IDE performance enhancements.
General improvements in IDE startup time and overall performance.
– E2 emulator support
C-SPY now supports Renesas E2 on-chip debugging emulator.
– Stack protection
The IAR C / C ++ compiler for RX now supports stack protection. A canary value will be placed between the stack variables and the return address so that the system can detect the corruption of a function return address before the function returns to that address. The compiler will use heuristic to determine whether a function needs stack protection or not. If any defined local variable has the array type or a type of structure that contains a member of the array type, the function will need stack protection. See the IAR C / C ++ Development Guide for more information.
– C-STAT MISRA C
The MISRA C 2004 package in C-STAT has been updated with about 20 new checks, some of which are enabled by default.
1. Install the software and do not install dongle USB drivers. (In the Setup type, select the Custom option, and in the next step, select Dongle drivers option.)
2- Run the IAR License Manager from the installation location.
3. Go to License -> Offline Activation.
Run the License Generator.exe file and select IAR Embedded Workbench for Renesas RH850 from the drop-down menu and click Generate.
5- Copy the License Number to the appropriate location in the IAR License Manager.
6. Click Next, and then click Next in the next window by selecting No.
7. Select the path you want to save to ActivationInfo.txt and save it.
8. In the License Generator, click Browse and select the saved ActivationInfo.txt file.
9. Click on Activate License and then save the built-in ActivationResponse.txt file to your preferred location.
10. In the software license window, click Browse and select the ActivationResponse.txt file, and click Next to view the Finish message.
Direct links download:
View file password here